Our reader poll today asks: How likely are you to lead a revolution when you see change that needs to happen?
- Extremely: I’m the first one to call for big change: 18.4%
- Very: I often take up new causes: 39.6%
- Kind of: I’ll lead change but only if I’m really passionate about it: 39.0%
- Not very: It would take a lot to get me to step forward: 2.8%
- Not at all: I’ll always let others lead big change: 0.3%
Rebels with a cause. It’s encouraging to see 60% of you taking up causes you believe in. The question to ask is if your cause is having the desired effect. Does it pick up momentum and lead to real change, or does it tend to sputter out and be forgotten when you move on to the next cause? To have a real impact, nail down the core components of a revolution: find a big problem, find other people sick of the same problem, define the future state and galvanize the masses. If you’re going to take the risk of starting something, put the conditions in place to see it through.
Do you agree with these poll results? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, I highly encourage you to take about 30 seconds to become a regular subscriber to this blog. It’s free, fun, practical, and only a few emails a week (I promise!). SIGN UP HERE to get the thoughtLEADERS blog conveniently delivered right to your inbox!