Resilience, the ability to bounce back stronger from difficulty and failure, is an essential characteristic of leaders facing the stress, uncertainty, and change they face every day.
In this course, participants explore experiences where they have already been resilient so they can recognize their mental strength and health as well as their brain health today. The core of the day focuses on the five skills every leader needs to be resilient. The day concludes with self-care planning so the day’s learning become natural habits.
This course will improve a participant’s capacity to:
- Measure their moment to moment stress level
- Assess their present brain health
- Build cognitive endurance
- Transform stress reactions into valuable feedback
- Build memory files that promote mental strength, courage, and overall wellness
- Value failure in reaching personal and organizational goals
Leaders leave the program aware of the skills they have learned intuitively to manage stress and challenge, methods to measure the application of their new skills, and a weekly plan for themselves and their teams to build resilience into daily life. The course is based on the bestselling book Hijacked by Your Brain. Participant exercises can focus on your individual, team, or industry stressors in addition to the modern challenges experienced in every culture.
The target audience for this course consists of leaders at all levels. The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Improved personal health of leaders, which promotes retention and performance
- Improved focus and calm during times of conflict resulting in better decision making
- Better team engagement from increased behavioral consistency and follow-through
- Enhanced coaching and mentoring of direct reports
Watch an introduction to our Building Leadership Resilience course in the below video. You can also take an online eLearning version of the course by clicking HERE.