Generate and select unique strategies that separate you from the competition. Construct bold and disruptive solutions then build and execute a plan for taking those strategies to market.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 80 minutes of video lessons and 40 minutes of exercises)
Breakthrough Innovation equips employees at all levels with the tools they need to innovate and strategize in a highly competitive world to achieve superior results. The approach helps you generate and select unique strategies to achieve sustainable success. It teaches an easy, practical, and immediately applicable framework that provides a tool set and common language to address your biggest innovation challenges.Get acquainted with the Breakthrough Innovation research and framework then begin to put those approaches into use on real business challenges.
This course covers the IDEAS framework:
- Imagine: Explore your ideal goals to concretely identify future goals
- Dissect: Assess the full breadth of strategic options and decide where to focus
- Expand: Brainstorm multiple potential solutions to your strategic challenges
- Analyze: Explore seemingly crazy ideas, ultimately reaching clarity on a set of innovative ideas for the proposed strategy
- Sell: Turn ideas into recommendations to get others excited about implementing the strategy
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply these methods as you learn them
The target audience for this course is individuals and teams at all levels seeking ways to increase their strategic and innovative thinking capabilities. The program is ideal for those looking for a repeatable way to produce and implement innovative strategies. The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are that participants:
- Learn and gain command over a set of strategic and innovative thinking tools
- Apply these tools to an existing business challenge in their organization
- Construct bold and disruptive solutions for an existing issue
- Clarify an innovative strategy
- Define a plan to validate and begin executing the strategy
- Are ready to replicate the process to generate future disruptive growth strategies
Instructor: Kaihan Krippendorff
Kaihan Krippendorff is a principal at thoughtLEADERS. He began his career with McKinsey & Company before founding the growth strategy and innovation consulting firm Outthinker. His growth strategies and innovations have generated over $2.5B in revenue for many of the world’s most recognizable companies. A best-selling author of five books, including Outthink the Competition and Driving Innovation from Within: A Guide for Internal Entrepreneurs, Kaihan also founded the Outthinker Strategy Network – a community comprised of strategy executives from the world’s top Fortune 500 and private companies. Kaihan teaches at business schools throughout the US and internationally. He holds degrees from the University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering, Wharton, Columbia, and London Business Schools and a doctorate in strategy.