Strategic Business Planning
Use a straightforward and effective strategic planning process that shows how to craft a clear, compelling plan for your organization – not just one time, but on an ongoing basis year after year.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 60 minutes of video lessons and 60 minutes of exercises)
The Strategic Business Planning course teaches you an effective strategic planning process that shows how to craft a clear, compelling strategic plan for your organization.
This course offers lessons on how to:
- Understand the market, your place in it, and how to compete versus others
- Set direction through clear articulation of vision, mission, and strategic filters
- Define the organization’s current and desired future state
- Clearly articulate the organization’s core competencies
- Define a prioritized set of strategic filters to evaluate strategic initiatives
- Inventory, evaluate, prioritize, and sequence initiatives to support the strategy
- Allocate resources to initiatives based on priority and need
- Package all this work into a compelling strategic plan
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course is pragmatic in that you’ll learn the strategic planning method while simultaneously applying it to real-world business needs. The course includes:
- Extensive, in-depth instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply the method as you learn it
The target audience for this course is the leadership team of a business, business unit, or organization or individuals in roles that require them to define their organization’s strategy.
The benefits of this course are:
- Learning a strategic planning process you can replicate each year thereby making plans more compelling and rigorous with less effort than ad hoc planning efforts
- An efficient means of gathering and processing key inputs for strategic planning
- Better strategic alignment, prioritization, and resource allocation
- Clarity and focus which eliminates low value initiatives and drives critical ones
Instructor: Mike Figliuolo
Mike Figliuolo is the founder and managing director of thoughtLEADERS. He is an internationally recognized author, trainer, speaker, and blogger on the topics of leadership, communications, strategy, decision-making, problem solving, and other critical business skills. An honor graduate from West Point, Mike served in the US Army as a combat arms officer. Before founding thoughtLEADERS, he was an assistant professor at Duke University, a consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an executive at Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is the author of three books: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership, Lead Inside the Box: How Smart Leaders Guide Their Teams to Exceptional Results, and The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved. Mike is also one of the most popular authors on LinkedIn Learning where he has published 30 courses that have been viewed millions of times by learners from around the world.