Our reader poll today asks: How good are you at motivating yourself through challenging times?
– Extremely — challenging times simply aren’t challenging for me: 8.95%
– Very — I’m able to easily motivate myself through challenges: 53.04%
– Somewhat — I can get through tough times but it takes work: 33.11%
– Not very — I struggle through challenging times: 4.39%
– Not at all — I need a lot of help from others to overcome challenges: .51%
Leaders must lead themselves. We’ll all face adversity on a regular basis. As leaders, there aren’t many people there to pick us up and motivate us through those challenges so that task falls on our own shoulders. The fastest way to pick yourself up is to establish a touchstone phrase or memory that can quickly reorient your thinking from “woe is me” to “let’s get moving.” The faster you’re able to reorient yourself, the faster you can get your team moving in a productive direction as well.
Do you agree with these poll results? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, I highly encourage you to take about 30 seconds to become a regular subscriber to this blog. It’s free, fun, practical, and only a few emails a week (I promise!). SIGN UP HERE to get the thoughtLEADERS blog conveniently delivered right to your inbox!
These results were originally a SmartPulse poll in SmartBrief on Leadership which tracks feedback from more than 190,000 business leaders. Get smarter on leadership and sign up for the SmartBrief on Leadership e-newsletter.