Everything is Negotiable
Become a better negotiator in all situations – from day to day interactions to hammering out large deals. Build the skills required to get what you want and strengthen relationships while you do.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 80 minutes of video lessons and 40 minutes of exercises)
Whether negotiating a major contract or just trying to get a day off from work, negotiation skills are a critical component of our daily lives. Improving your negotiation skills will help you get what you want more frequently and help you build better relationships with coworkers, bosses, business partners, and suppliers. Participants learn how to do this through the application of simple yet effective negotiating skills and tools.
This course covers:
- The five major phases of the negotiating cycle
- How to assess the context within which the negotiation will occur
- What data to gather and how to use it for successful negotiations
- How to conduct scenario planning using different negotiating styles, positions, and concessions
- How to negotiate using proper techniques and how to avoid common pitfalls
- How to measure negotiating success and adjust for future negotiations
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply these methods as you learn them
The target audience for this course consists of individuals who routinely participate in negotiations both large and small. This course isn’t just for procurement folks, salespeople, or deal-makers – anyone who wants to get better at getting what they want can benefit from the tools and techniques taught in this course. The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Higher negotiation success rates when negotiating with external parties
- Higher likelihood of getting what you want while strengthening relationships in the process
- Faster negotiating cycles leading to shorter sales cycles and faster accrual of benefit
Instructor: Mike Figliuolo
Mike Figliuolo is the founder and managing director of thoughtLEADERS. He is an internationally recognized author, trainer, speaker, and blogger on the topics of leadership, communications, strategy, decision-making, problem solving, and other critical business skills. An honor graduate from West Point, Mike served in the US Army as a combat arms officer. Before founding thoughtLEADERS, he was an assistant professor at Duke University, a consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an executive at Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is the author of three books: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership, Lead Inside the Box: How Smart Leaders Guide Their Teams to Exceptional Results, and The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved. Mike is also one of the most popular authors on LinkedIn Learning where he has published 30 courses that have been viewed millions of times by learners from around the world.