Time Management Mastery
Learn techniques to manage your time, delegate, say “no,” and be more efficient. Balance your limited supply of time with the overwhelming demands that are placed on you every day.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 80 minutes of video lessons and 40 minutes of exercises)
Success doesn’t happen because one person has more time than another. Every one of us has 24 hours a day to use as we choose. The question is whether or not we use that time effectively. Individuals who enjoy success in their personal and professional lives follow strategies to guide the choices they make each day. They have mastered the ability to manage their time instead of letting time manage their lives.
This course provides you approaches and techniques designed to help you manage your time and achieve the success you desire and deserve. This course explains how to balance your limited supply of time with the overwhelming demands that are placed on you every day. You’ll learn these concepts through the exploration of a simple supply and demand model.
This course covers techniques to:
- Take responsibility for what you choose to do with your time
- Protect and defend your time
- Stop saying “yes” to everything and instead learn how to say “no”
- Delegate successfully
- Eliminate or have less frequent meetings
- Lessen the amount of time dedicated to time wasters like email
- Time block to protect time on your calendar
- Use prioritization and focus to drive productivity
- Organize, prioritize, and execute against your task list
- Effectively work from home by maintaining boundaries and routines
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply these methods as you learn them
The target audience for this course consists of anyone who’s looking to regain control of their schedules, tame their inboxes, and be more productive at work. The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Better prioritization focused on the most important tasks
- Protected time so others can’t waste it or take it
- More effective email management
- Fewer meetings that limit productivity
- Decreased amount of workload and stress
- More available time through delegation
- Increased efficiency and quality of work
- Improved productivity and output for your team
- Increased capacity to take on larger responsibilities
Instructors: Mike Figliuolo and David McNeill
Mike Figliuolo is the founder and managing director of thoughtLEADERS. He is an internationally recognized author, trainer, speaker, and blogger on the topics of leadership, communications, strategy, decision-making, problem solving, and other critical business skills. An honor graduate from West Point, Mike served in the US Army as a combat arms officer. Before founding thoughtLEADERS, he was an assistant professor at Duke University, a consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an executive at Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is the author of three books: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership, Lead Inside the Box: How Smart Leaders Guide Their Teams to Exceptional Results, and The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved. Mike is also one of the most popular authors on LinkedIn Learning where he has published 30 courses that have been viewed millions of times by learners from around the world.
David McNeill is a principal at thoughtLEADERS. His approach to development is built on 30 years of experience managing a diversified mix of businesses and serving in a wide range of leadership and managerial roles. His broad spectrum of experience includes CEO/President for mid-market private and public companies, consultant, Managing Director and Operating Partner for private equity funds, start-up CEO, coach and trainer. He’s worked for leading organizations including IBM, Coca-Cola, Bain & Company, and TPG Capital. He is a graduate of Auburn University and has an MBA from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at UNC-Chapel Hill.