Make better, faster, and more effective decisions. Apply simple yet powerful decision making tools to define decision authority, manage risk, increase accountability, and drive execution.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 80 minutes of video lessons and 40 minutes of exercises)
Do you struggle to make decisions quickly? Are you worried about managing the risk that comes along with any decision? Deliberate Decision Making teaches you how to make better, faster, and more effective decisions. You’ll learn how to do this through the application of simple yet powerful decision making tools.
This course covers:
- The decision making cycle
- The four primary styles of decision making and when to use each one
- How to appropriately involve others in decision making
- The four kinds of ambiguity and how they affect decisions
- The three kinds of decisions you can make and how to make them
- Ways to reduce risks inherent in decision making
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply these methods as you learn them
The target audience for this course consists of individuals in analytical or persuasive roles from junior to senior levels of organizations (e.g., analysts, managers, mid-level executives). The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Faster decision making which enables you to capture opportunities faster
- More support for decisions being made and better team involvement in the process
- Reduced risk of bad decisions and the losses associated with them
Instructor: Mike Figliuolo
Mike Figliuolo is the founder and managing director of thoughtLEADERS. He is an internationally recognized author, trainer, speaker, and blogger on the topics of leadership, communications, strategy, decision-making, problem solving, and other critical business skills. An honor graduate from West Point, Mike served in the US Army as a combat arms officer. Before founding thoughtLEADERS, he was an assistant professor at Duke University, a consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an executive at Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is the author of three books: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership, Lead Inside the Box: How Smart Leaders Guide Their Teams to Exceptional Results, and The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved. Mike is also one of the most popular authors on LinkedIn Learning where he has published 30 courses that have been viewed millions of times by learners from around the world.