Joel Garfinkle, Principal
Joel is a sought-after keynote speaker and corporate trainer who is regularly called upon to address conferences across the country and around the world. He has over 17 years of executive coaching experience working with some of the most influential executives at the world’s most respected companies.
His prior experience includes working as a consultant for two of the top consulting firms in the world: Ernst & Young in Hong Kong and Accenture in San Francisco. His background in executive coaching, performance improvement, and change management equips him to help senior executives, directors, and managers achieve results quickly and effectively.
Joel has written seven books and has contributed to the book The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching and Leader to Leader – the award-winning quarterly journal launched by the Peter F. Drucker Foundation.
Joel’s books include:
- Getting Ahead: Three Steps to Take Your Career to the Next Level
- Executive Presence: Sixteen Characteristics to Help You Advance Up the Corporate Ladder Quickly and Effectively Through Increased Exposure, Visibility, and Self-Promotion
- Time Management Mastery: Stress-Free Productivity in the 7 Key Areas of Life (time, projects, people, schedules, information, work/life balance, and abundance)
- Get Paid What You’re Worth: How to Negotiate a Raise or Higher Starting Salary
- Love Your Work: Make the Job You Have the One You’ve Always Wanted
- Land Your Dream Job: The Last Career Search Book You’ll Ever Need
- Find a Job in 14 Days: A Practical Guide and Process for Finding the Job You Need Fast!
Joel’s leadership and coaching skills have been utilized by many large companies in the development of their executive leadership. He’s able to share his broad knowledge and perspectives from a variety of real-world situations to help people improve their skills rapidly. Joel’s background and his breadth of experience enable him to deliver on the thoughtLEADERS promise of delivering real experience versus just theory.