If you want to get to “yes” efficiently and effectively, this course is exactly what you need. You’ll learn a method for defining and analyzing an idea as well as how to successfully create, communicate, and gain support for initiatives through the application of an efficient, effective analytical approach.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create and define a “core idea” you want to get support for
- Build logic to support that “core idea”
- Define the analyses required to support that “core idea”
- Draft and discuss your “story” with key stakeholders
- Package your “story” in a variety of formats (presentation, memo, email, etc.)
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive, in-depth instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply the method as you learn it
Duration: 2.5 hours (Approximately 90 minutes of video lessons and 60 minutes of exercises)
Access Period: You will have access to this course for one year from the time of purchase
The target audience for this course consists of individuals in analytical or persuasive roles at mid- to senior levels of corporations (e.g., analysts, managers, mid-level executives).
The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Clearer communications leading to more efficient, effective, and faster decision making
- More efficient analysis and less re-work which leads to higher productivity
- Crisper thinking to eliminate low-value work and prevents pursuit of low-value ideas
The Instructor: Mike Figliuolo
Mike Figliuolo is the founder and managing director of thoughtLEADERS. He is an internationally recognized author, trainer, speaker, and blogger on the topics of leadership, communications, strategy, decision-making, problem solving, and other critical business skills. An honor graduate from West Point, Mike served in the US Army as a combat arms officer. Before founding thoughtLEADERS, he was an assistant professor at Duke University, a consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an executive at Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is the author of three books: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership , Lead Inside the Box: How Smart Leaders Guide Their Teams to Exceptional Results, and The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved. Mike is also one of the most popular authors on LinkedIn Learning where he has published 30 courses that have been viewed millions of times by learners from around the world.