In this program, you’ll learn how to craft compelling stories that resonate with your audience to drive people to action. This includes building stories to set a vision, lead change, sell ideas, inspire teams, or foster more creativity and innovation.
Participants learn 1) what a business story is, 2) when to tell stories and when not to, and 3) how to craft stories for maximum impact. This includes learning techniques for:
- How to choose the right story
- Proper story structure
- The use of emotion, surprise, dialogue, and length
- Telling stories with data
- Where to find stories
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive, in-depth instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply the method as you learn it
Duration: 3 hours (Approximately 120 minutes of video lessons and 60 minutes of exercises)
Access Period: You will have access to this course for one year from the time of purchase
The target audience for this course consists of individuals in analytical or persuasive roles at mid- to senior levels of corporations (e.g., analysts, managers, mid-level executives).
The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- An ability to create messages fueled by stories to advance their business goals
- Quicker audience connections by addressing their concerns and pain points
- Confidence in storytelling which reduces over-reliance on data which saves time and money
- Clearer communications leading to more efficient, effective, and faster decision making
The Instructor: Paul Smith
Paul Smith is a principal at thoughtLEADERS. He is a former consultant with Accenture and more recently an executive at The Procter & Gamble Company. He is an internationally popular speaker and trainer in leadership and storytelling techniques. Paul is the author of the bestselling book Lead with a Story: A Guide to Crafting Business Narratives That Captivate, Convince, and Inspire. He’s also written the bestselling Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale and The 10 Stories Great Leaders Tell. Paul holds a bachelors degree in economics, and an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.