Leading consulting engagements is challenging and requires approaches unlike most typical corporate work. Whether you’re an external consultant, part of an internal consulting group, or functioning as a consultant within your organization, your ability to effectively lead consulting engagements is the key to your client’s success.
Based on the approaches used by elite consulting firms like McKinsey & Co. and Bain and Company, this course provides participants proven and time-tested approaches to running consulting engagements. In the program, participants learn how to:
- Apply the engagement management model where the EM is at the center of the “wagon wheel”
- Use a structured approach to running an engagement including scoping, delivery, and wrap-up as well as how to allocate and manage work across team members
- Define and apply engagement guiding principles like the obligation to dissent, attacking the problem and not the person, the best idea wins, and it’s not about you – it’s about the best answer
- Manage up and manage expectations of both senior consulting stakeholders as well as client stakeholders and client team members
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive, in-depth instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply the method as you learn it
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 60 minutes of video lessons and 60 minutes of exercises)
Access Period: You will have access to this course for one year from the time of purchase
The target audience for this course consists of individuals in, or soon to be in, engagement management roles at mid- to senior levels.
The value of this course to the participants and to the organization are:
- More effective consulting engagement management where teams do a better job of getting to the right answer and getting there quickly
- Better team dynamics both within the consulting team as well as with clients
- More confident engagement managers who are capable of leading the thinking, leading their teams, and pressing for the necessary changes required to dramatically improve client organization performance
The Instructor: Mike Figliuolo
Mike Figliuolo is the founder and managing director of thoughtLEADERS. He is an internationally recognized author, trainer, speaker, and blogger on the topics of leadership, communications, strategy, decision-making, problem solving, and other critical business skills. An honor graduate from West Point, Mike served in the US Army as a combat arms officer. Before founding thoughtLEADERS, he was an assistant professor at Duke University, a consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an executive at Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is the author of three books: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership , Lead Inside the Box: How Smart Leaders Guide Their Teams to Exceptional Results, and The Elegant Pitch: Create a Compelling Recommendation, Build Broad Support, and Get it Approved. Mike is also one of the most popular authors on LinkedIn Learning where he has published 30 courses that have been viewed millions of times by learners from around the world.