Leading through Change
Lead your organization through the most challenging of times using a proven change management process. Get your people through the change and back to driving performance quickly and effectively.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2 hours (Approximately 60 minutes of video lessons and 60 minutes of exercises)
Change is constant and every day the pace of change gets faster. The complexity of the issues leaders deal with is increasing at an exponential rate. Despite those challenges, leaders must still lead their organizations through those challenging times.
In this course, participants learn about the common ways people experience change, how to manage change curves, and then use a process for communicating change to the organization in a way people can accept and deal with the change.
The course will provide you with skills and strategies to:
- Recognize the need to change
- Manage yourself through the change
- Evaluate stakeholders affected by the change
- Define the change you want to see
- Communicate the change to the organization
- “Keep the lights on” during periods of change
- Identify and mitigate risks resulting from the change
- Listen to your team then measure and adjust your approach to change
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply the method as you learn it
The target audience for this course consists of leaders at all levels. The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- More clarity around the rationale for change and its desired end state
- More effective communications to the organization during times of change
- Less turmoil and more clarity resulting in more successful change efforts
Instructor: Gary Ross
Gary Ross has coached corporate leaders for more than 25 years on communicating effectively and managing through change. Equally adept at working with FORTUNE 500 companies and small non-profits, he partners with CEOs, VPs and new leaders to help them communicate their vision, engage teams and position their organizations for success. Gary led corporate communications departments at three major corporations: Fortune Brands, CDW, and Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Beginning his career as a journalist, he was a reporter and substitute anchor for WCBD-TV in Charleston, SC, where he was nominated for an Emmy Award in investigative journalism. Gary is a principal here at thoughtLEADERS and is our primary expert on change management.