Grit is sustained persistence and determination to keep moving forward and overcome obstacles. It’s a trait that leaders can cultivate in their teams to sustain them during trying times.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 21 minutes of video lessons
This course was filmed entirely on location in Ouray, Colorado during an expedition with corporate executives and military veterans.
The course covers:
- The Difference Between Grit and Resilience
- Leading Yourself – Your Personal Responsibility
- Leading People – Start with the Mirror
- Leading the Team – Purpose, Pace, Performance
- The Gritty Perspective
The target audience for this course is leaders who have to lead their teams through challenging times and who want to be prepared when those times arrive. The value of this course to participants and the organization are:
- Sustained performance during times of adversity
- Increased ability to deal with challenges and remain focused on results
Instructor: Jan Rutherford
Jan Rutherford is a principal at thoughtLEADERS. He has over 25 years of business experience and has held executive roles in business development, marketing, sales, training, product management, and as a CEO. Prior to his business career, Jan joined the U.S. Army at age 17 and spent six years in Special Forces as a medic and “A” team executive officer, and three years as a military intelligence officer. He’s one of the founders of The Leadership Podcast and is the author of The Littlest Green Beret.