Communicating Bad News
Bad news happens all the time, but how it’s received depends upon how it’s delivered. Learn how to deliver bad news in a way that minimizes risks and takes care of people.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 21 minutes of video lessons
The course covers:
- Defining Bad News
- Key Risks in Communicating Bad News
- Keys to Sharing Bad News
- Managing the Communication of Bad News
- Being the Messenger of Bad News
The target audience for this course consists of leaders who need to communicate bad or difficult news to their organizations and teams. The value of this course to participants and the organization are:
- The maintenance of trust during difficult times
- Improved credibility and productivity after bad news is delivered
- Stronger relationships between leaders and teams because they know the leader is being forthright, honest, and empathetic
Instructor: Gary Ross
Gary Ross has coached corporate leaders for more than 25 years on communicating effectively and managing through change. Equally adept at working with FORTUNE 500 companies and small non-profits, he partners with CEOs, VPs and new leaders to help them communicate their vision, engage teams and position their organizations for success. Gary led corporate communications departments at three major corporations: Fortune Brands, CDW, and Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Beginning his career as a journalist, he was a reporter and substitute anchor for WCBD-TV in Charleston, SC, where he was nominated for an Emmy Award in investigative journalism. Gary is a principal here at thoughtLEADERS and is our primary expert on change management.