Coaching for Impact: Foundations
Coach employees for performance and development more effectively by helping them identify and pursue their own solutions. Create the right environment and conditions to help them grow.
Course Duration, Description, and Benefits
Duration: 2.25 hours (Approximately 70 minutes of video lessons and 65 minutes of exercises)
This course demonstrates how to coach employees for performance and development more effectively. Whether you want your employees to execute with higher quality and efficiency or you want to build talent within your team, coaching skills are critical. Leaders who become adept at coaching achieve sustainable, long-term positive results for themselves and their organizations. The course shares how to do this through the application of simple yet effective coaching skills and tools.
- A clear definition of coaching and what coaches do
- How to deliver feedback that is precise and actionable
- How to set the stage for an effective coaching conversation
- The key coaching skills of active listening and asking powerful questions
- A coaching model to get to core issues and create practical action plans
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and supporting materials. The course includes:
- Extensive instructor videos to guide you through the content
- A downloadable course guide of slides to help you follow the instruction
- A downloadable workbook to apply the method as you take the course
- Exercises, quizzes, and case examples to help you apply these methods as you learn them
The target audience for this course is any leader who has responsibility to deliver results through others and develop organizational talent. The value of this course to participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Higher engagement and productivity of individuals and teams
- Improved business results
- Deeper trust-based relationships with your team
- Stronger depth and capacity on your team for succession planning
- Increased time to focus on more strategic leadership responsibilities
Instructor: Sabrina Smith
Sabrina Smith is a principal at thoughtLEADERS. She is an executive coach and trainer with deep experience in leading teams and coaching to high performance. She has led teams at U.S. Cellular, Xerox, and DIRECTV/AT&T. At each of these organizations she built and led training and coaching interventions for large groups of associates in addition to leading her own teams. Her experiences and her education in organizational leadership have helped her grow the next generation of leaders at every organization she’s worked for.