– Tremendously — I am forever indebted to my alma mater: 13%
– A lot — My college education has had a big impact on my career: 31%
– Somewhat — It’s contributed but only in certain areas: 28%
– Not much — My success doesn’t have a lot to do with my education: 22%
– Not at all — I didn’t attend college or it hasn’t contributed at all: 7%
Hail Alma Mater Dear. You get out of something what you put into it. If you feel you’re not getting a lot out of your college experience (as 50% of you indicate), perhaps you’re not taking advantage of all the assets available to you. Alumni networks, LinkedIn connections, alumni events, ongoing research, and volunteer opportunities abound. By taking a few simple actions to engage with your alma mater, you may be surprised by the new connections and opportunities that arise from doing so. In a networked world, the stronger your network, the stronger your career.
Do you agree with these poll results? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, I highly encourage you to take about 30 seconds to become a regular subscriber to this blog. It’s free, fun, practical, and only a few emails a week (I promise!). SIGN UP HERE to get the thoughtLEADERS blog conveniently delivered right to your inbox!
These results were originally a SmartPulse poll in SmartBrief on Leadership which tracks feedback from more than 210,000 business leaders. Get smarter on leadership and sign up for the SmartBrief on Leadership e-newsletter.