| Aspects of Leadership Applicable to This Course
Participants learn how to craft compelling sales stories to be used throughout the entire sales process, from introducing yourself to buyers, to building rapport, making the sales pitch, resolving objections, negotiating price, closing the sale, and service after the sale.
The research behind Paul Smith’s book Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale is the basis for this program. This includes interviews with sales and procurement leaders at over 50 companies, including Microsoft, Costco, Xerox, Abercrombie & Fitch, HP, Kroger, Huntington Bank, and others.
In class, participants will discover 1) what a sales story is and is not, 2) the 25 stories all salespeople need, and 3) how to craft sales stories for maximum impact. Specifically, participants will learn techniques for:
- How to choose the right story
- Proper story structure which includes the Hook, Context, Challenge, Conflict, Resolution, Lesson, and Action
- The proper use of emotion, surprise, dialogue, details, and length
- Oral vs. written delivery
- Telling stories with data
- Where to find great stories, and how to practice and save them
Participants are expected to come to class with a story idea and will develop it throughout the day. They’ll have an opportunity to apply the techniques to several stories during the session, including their own story.
After class, participants are enrolled in a 6-month “After Care” program that includes 12 lessons delivered every 2 weeks with exercises and prompts to:
- Help discover and craft great original stories
- Practice what was learned in class
- Build new storytelling skills not covered in class
Please contact us to arrange for this course to be trained at your organization.