| Aspects of Leadership Applicable to This Course
Everything is Negotiable teaches participants how to negotiate more effectively. Whether negotiating a major contract or just trying to get a day off from work, negotiation skills are a critical component of our daily lives. Improving your negotiation skills will help you get what you want more frequently and help you build better relationships with coworkers, bosses, business partners, and suppliers. Participants learn how to do this through the application of simple yet effective negotiating skills and tools. The course covers:
- The five major phases of the negotiating cycle
- How to assess the context within which the negotiation will occur
- What data to gather and how to use it for successful negotiations
- How to conduct scenario planning using different negotiating styles, positions, and concessions
- How to negotiate using proper techniques and how to avoid common pitfalls
- How to measure negotiating success and adjust for future negotiations
For an explanation of the concepts we teach in the program, here’s Mike Figliuolo explaining the course’s objectives. If you enjoy the video, you can sign up to watch a condensed version of the course on lynda.com by following the link at the end of the video.
The in-person classroom course consists of instructor-introduced concepts and practical application exercises. The target audience for this course consists of individuals who routinely participate in negotiations both large and small. This course isn’t just for procurement folks, salespeople, or deal-makers – anyone who wants to get better at getting what they want can benefit from the tools and techniques taught in this course. The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- Higher negotiation success rates when negotiating with external parties
- Higher likelihood of getting what you want while strengthening relationships in the process
- Faster negotiating cycles leading to shorter sales cycles and faster accrual of benefits
Please contact us to arrange for this course to be trained at your organization.