Our reader poll today asks: How effectively do content marketing efforts (blogs, white papers, etc.) drive action by your customers?
– Extremely — our content marketing drives great lead generation: 6.06%
– Generally — our content sometimes sparks new conversations with prospects/clients: 34.55%
– Not at all — our content generates few, if any, comments, feedback or leads: 36.97%
– Not the point — we only publish content because everyone else does: 4.24%
– Not relevant — we have much higher priorities than content marketing: 18.18%
Increase Your Return. “That’s Marketing’s job.” Sorry but if you think content marketing is only the purview of marketers, you’re missing a big opportunity. Thought leadership is your product and the leaders in your organization have plenty of it. If you’re not tapping into it, you’re missing out. First, you should be driving new ideas. Second, share those ideas with the world. Think about all the knowledge your team has to share with the outside world. Give them a platform to do so, have it link to your product/service (both in terms of the content you share as well as with relevant URLs), and be responsive to the ensuing discussion. You’ll be surprised how many leads come from sharing great ideas.
Do you agree with these poll results? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, I highly encourage you to take about 30 seconds to become a regular subscriber to this blog. It’s free, fun, practical, and only a few emails a week (I promise!). SIGN UP HERE to get the thoughtLEADERS blog conveniently delivered right to your inbox!
These results were originally a SmartPulse poll in SmartBrief on Leadership which tracks feedback from more than 200,000 business leaders. Get smarter on leadership and sign up for the SmartBrief on Leadership e-newsletter.